Taz spinning outa control

Friday, January 04, 2008

View from the cockpit

Well, I have been threatening to post some pictures from my rowing single on Lake Geneva and here they are. I have been rowing the last few days and it is quite mesmerizing with the Alps lingering all around the lake.

We'll start with my new friend called "Nimbus".




Picture looking back at the rowing club after just leaving the dock.










This next is as I am rowing away from the boathouse looking back on the Swiss Alps.










Here is a look to my left at the city of Lausanne. If the sky was a bit clearer you would see the Swiss Alps in the background.













Beautiful view of the merging of the Swiss and French Alps.










The heart of the French Alps looking across the lake. I get a little vertigo if I stare too long.









The weight room at the rowing club with you know who grinding away on the trainer.









My room of pain where I am trying to get back some rowing form just for fun.









They have lots of pictures of the Canadian team to show good technique. Many of my lightweight friends from home, but sadly none of me or Betina. I'll have to sneak one in there before I leave. ;)

4 Comments:

  • thanks for posting the photos, very cool.

    By Blogger imike, at 7:52 PM  

  • i don't think i could get in that without tipping it over--it's way too skinny

    By Blogger X Bunny, at 10:11 PM  

  • Didn't know you left the country.

    Coming back soon?

    What about the pool you just had built? Or is your post over there temporary?

    By Blogger Ron Castia, at 1:52 PM  

  • Just running a test as I think I found a way to send notes...and i'm looking at old times..

    By Blogger roadrunners_adventures, at 9:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home